Founded in 1979, October Gallery, in central London, exhibits innovative, contemporary art from around the world. For over 35 years, October Gallery has pioneered the development of the Transvangarde - the trans-cultural avant-garde.
Paul Friedlander Biography
- · Physicist / Kinetic light sculptor
- · Raised in Cambridge on a diet of relativity and black holes, one time aspiring cosmologist and interstellar propulsion expert. Metamorphosed to stage lighting designer, scientific artist and light sculptor.
- · First degree in physics and maths from Sussex University, Paul's personal tutor, Anthony Leggett, subsequently received the Nobel Prize for work on superfluidity.
- · 1995 A prize winner at the prestigious ARTEC, Japans leading hitech art show.
- · 1998 Received the USHIO America Award for Innovation.
- · Winner of LIGHTFORMS '98 in New York.
- · 2003 Kinetic Art Organisation Prize Winner.
- · 2004 Kinetic Art Organisation Prize Winner.
- · Has exhibited in 3 continents and 14 countries.
October Gallery, 24 Old Gloucester Street, Bloomsbury, London WC1N 3AL
Tel: + 44 (0)20 7242 7367